Team Shamrock/Shamrock Select Rules and Regulations
Guidelines/Rules for Shamrock Parents
- All wrestlers must be registered, have a liability waiver on file, and up to date on payments.
- Parents are encouraged to watch practice but are asked to let the coaches coach. You pay us!
- No Video Taping or recording is allowed! We value our children and their privacy.
- Cell phone conversations must take place in hallways.
- Talk positively about other wrestlers and teammates!
- Respect Others: We are a family, treat each other as you wish to be treated.
- If you use a chair for practice, please put it back. Help keep our room clean.
- Represent the Shamrock community well at tournaments and in public!
- Encourage your athletes verbally and non-verbally
- Praise their performance, not their outcome.
- Be Postive, loving, and supportive.
- Don't allow tournament day to become special. Just another opportunity to compete
- Do not text coaches! Use email: ShamrockSelect@gmail.com
- Respect coaches family time. After practice, allow coaches to get home and put their kids to bed :).
Guidelines/Rules for Athletes
- Be on Time! Shoes laced up, headgear on, shirts tucked in and ready to wrestle at 6 pm!
- Hustle to and from technique huddles. Hustle=Run!
- Never Be Outworked
- Positive Attitude. Be Coachable. Learn.
- Cutting Weight Doesn't make you a better wrestler! Stop cutting weight.
- Never Quit!
- Keep things in perspective: God, Family, School, Wrestling...
- Make it Fun! Competition isn't everything
- Develop Skills, character, routine.
- Be grateful for the opportunity to compete. Wrestle with a purpose and have fun!